I live in the greatest neighborhood in Orlando: Park Lake / Highland. Some of the most important founders of Orlando felt the same and settled here, too.
I created "Orlando Time Machine" to share information about the history of Orlando and Park Lake / Highland that I have researched over the last thirty years. I hope that you find some tidbits here that will add to your appreciation of our neighborhood.
Some upcoming topics include …
- Our two famous lakes: Lake Highland and Park Lake
- The resident who named Orlando
- How to research your house
The neighborhood is bounded as follows: (Can you find your house?)  
- WEST: Highland Avenue from Colonial Drive north to the railroad tracks, then on the east side of the tracks to Virginia Drive.
- NORTH: Virginia Drive from the railroad tracks east to Mills Avenue.
- EAST: Mills Avenue from Virginia Drive south to Colonial Drive.
- SOUTH: Colonial Drive from Mills Avenue west to Highland Avenue.
|PARK LAKE / HIGHLAND NEIGHBORHOOD|
Enter your email address in the “Follow Orl Time Mach by Email” box near the upper right corner of the page to receive a notice of each new installment. You can add your comments in the “Post a Comment” box at the end of each installment.
Click on the RESOURCES in the right column to search for more history and tips.
And finally, please contact me if you have photos or facts that you would like to add to our history. firstname.lastname@example.org
Join me next time for a discussion of the most important lake in Orlando …